Monday, September 27, 2010

Golfing on P-day


I just got back from golfing for my first time ever. Lets just say that I'm not a natural like Elder Thurber (who was playing for his second time). But I did a lot better near the end. On the final hole of the day I hit a 1-over. I think that was one of the few holes where I actually counted how many strokes I took.
On the way back from golfing we went to a nearby lake that was pretty. It was fun.
Oh, your assumption about transfers was right. I am still in Odori with Elder Tuttle, and I still love it. This past week was rough because all of our investigators wouldn't answer their phones. We couldn't meet with any of them, so we had a full week of finding.
On Wednesday the temperature finally dropped...by about 5 degrees Celsius. It got pretty cool pretty quick. We went from short sleeves and sweating at the beginning of the week to suits plus sweaters by the middle of the week.
On Thursday we ran into a member on the street and got to talk a bit with him. He is super weird, and likes speaking English, so it turned into a really funny conversation. He said, "I look every day for you. I try to find investigator for you. I find a beautiful women for you to teach. We dislike gross woman. We say, 'Hey gross lady! Your face is gross!'." It was one of the most memorable conversations that I have ever had. I just about died of laughter.
On Friday we saw a ton of foreigners. I started to count, and I got up to 24. It was a lot of non-Japanese people. Out of the people we talked with, there were people from America, New Zealand, England, and then I overheard some Russians. It was crazy.

No comments: