Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sapporo or Bust

I am emailing from the wonderfully air-conditioned mission home! So, I will tell you transfers news, since I didn't really know it last week. I got transferred to Odori (aka downtown Sapporo), the same area that Elder Thurber just left. And the big news: I am now a trainer! My companion, Elder Tuttle just came to Japan this week and we are having a fun time proselyting together. It is pretty crazy because we got whitewashed (we are both new to the area, don't know the members, don't know the investigators, don't know anything!). But we call up Elder Thurber pretty much every day and he has helped us out a ton.
It has been crazy in Sapporo the last few days because everything is so new to me and everything still impresses me. There are big cars, big buildings, lots of foreigners, and tons of cool places. Plus, I get to see other missionaries on a daily basis. It is crazy.
Elder Tuttle is a way good missionary and he has surprisingly good Japanese. He is from Lehi and he plays tennis. The sad news: he is a Ute. President Daniels told me that I need to convert Elder Tuttle; you know, the worth of one soul is great in the sight of God. But actually, he doesn't care too much about the rivalry so we don't really have hard feelings one toward another.
Right now in Sapporo there is a big beer festival going on. The other day we ran into a group of drunk guys that kept acting like they were bowling. It was pretty funny. But for the most part we avoid that area.
Oh, on this past Monday I got into a little accident with a car. Don't worry, I am completely unharmed, but my front tire took a beating. The lady that hit payed for me to get a new front tire, so it is all sorted out now. But it was really exciting, especially getting to talk with the police officer that used really complex Japanese.
Right now in Odori we have an investigator named Harukawa that is set to get baptized on September 12. He is sort of wavering, but I think that we will be able to help him meet his date. Also, this past week we found a really cool guy named Yoshi. Hopefully we will be able to set a baptismal date with him this week when we have a lesson with him.
I love you all. Thanks for all your support.
 

No comments: