Sunday, August 1, 2010

Transfer news!

Thanks for the great emails. This past week has been amazing for me. We had our leadership training and I learned so much. On Monday night we went in to the mission home and Tuesday-Friday we had training all throughout the day. We would wake up early (around 5:50), go play sports together, the lucky missionaries staying in the mission home got to eat a delicious breakfast by Sister Daniels, and then we had training 9:00-12:30. Then everyone (all 28 or so of us, about half the mission) got an amazing lunch prepared by Sister Daniels, we had more training from 1:30-4:30, and then we all parted ways. We would eat dinner at whichever apartment we were staying at that night, and then go on exchanges from 6-9, applying the things that we learned at training that day.
I got to go on some really fun exchanges and we saw a lot of success. I feel like a new missionary now that I have had a bit of training. The training meetings were all really spiritual, especially the testimony meeting to finish it all up. We sang Called to Serve, and I have never heard a more powerful rendition of it before. Sure, 2000 missionaries singing it in the MTC is powerful, but having 28 leaders from our mission singing it in Japanese was unbelievably moving.
So, here is some pretty big news: transfers are this week, and I am transferring. President told all of the Zone Leaders which zones will be working in next transfer, and I am going to the Odori zone, a.k.a. downtown Sapporo. I still don't know which area I will go to or who will be my companion, but I am excited and nervous. It will probably be my final area. Chances are that I will go to the Odori area, replacing Elder Thurber who is becoming AP.
Well, I love you all and I wish I had more time to write you a decent email with all of my experiences from this past week. But, there is only one computer and we have an hour time limit for the two of us. Half an hour just doesn't cut it when you want to read emails and write good stuff. I still love you. Next week I will probably email from the mission home, so it might be a bit longer then.
 

No comments: