Sunday, December 12, 2010

Last Post...This is the End of Elder Christensen in Japan!

Well, it turns out that President Daniels wants to do an activity with all of the returning missionaries today. So I came into the mission home just barely with Elder Thurber. The past few days in Iwamizawa were amazing! As soon as I got there, we got to work visiting old investigators and such. We were on foot, which normally isn't effective, but Elder Thurber and I were able to teach lessons to nearly all of the people we met. It is amazing how unified we were, even though we haven't been together for a long time.
On Saturday we got to go up to Asahikawa for a music fireside. It was so fun to see all of the members from Asahikawa and the fireside was really good. The closing hymn was Silent Night, and we had Elder Migita play the piano (Mom met his sister serving in Temple Square). He studied jazz before his mission and had his own jazz combo, and the closing hymn was very jazzy. I don't know if it invited the Spirit, but it sure was cool.
Yesterday's church meeting was amazing! It was so nice to see all of the Iwamizawa members one last time. They all have so much love and they were all so happy to see me (and Elder Thurber one last time). They even let me give a talk! The two speakers after me and Elder Thurber both shared experiences where we helped strengthen their testimonies and desire to do missionary work. I loved it and could tell the difference that we made in that branch. And then last night we got invited by two different couples for dinner. Instead of having two dinners, we just had everyone go to one member's apartment and we all had one great meal together. There were 11 members, so nearly half the branch.
Well, I don't want to take up too much time. But I love you. See you soon.

No comments: