Sunday, December 5, 2010

Almost Home

Well, I think that is about it for questions. So here is the exciting news for the week: this week is transfers (and everyone finishing up with me won't finish up for another week), so I get to transfer one last time. From the sounds of it, because it's not official yet, I will be in Iwamizawa with Elder Thurber for our last week! And there will be a music fireside in Asahikawa on Saturday that I will get to go to! I am so excited for it, but there is one potential downside: probably no email next week. So this might be my last email home.
Last p-day we had a lot of fun in the snow and some elder made a really cool snowman (see attached picture). That made traveling on Monday and Tuesday really hard. But by Thursday it was mostly melted and Friday it rained really hard all day long.
The third picture is us, the Moiwa elders, and the 4 Odori sisters after eating lunch at Sister Oda's house this past Thursday. It was really delicious and we all ate a ton. Sister Oda is a really cool member and she loves the missionaries. The meal at her house will be the only meal that I eat at a member's house as an Odori elder. It is sad, but most of the members sort of forget about us because they figure that some other ward is taking care of us. Thus, we never really get a fruit basket or meals at members houses. But we still love everyone.
I had my last lesson with Rusdum, the Philipino father, this past week. At the end, he thanked me for always visiting and sharing the word of God with him. He is so humble and I am going to miss that family.
Well, I don't have a whole lot of time to email today. I am so sorry and I really want to write more. But I guess I will talking with you soon enough. Have a great week. I love you all.

Elder Christensen

No comments: